Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New Year

In just a few hours we will be starting our first year without Josh. I'm not looking forward to it. Josh brought a lot of joy and good to the world just by his being in it. Josh was truly one of the very good people in this world. I know we all miss him terribly.

I suggest that we, Josh's friends and family, have a responsibility to the world now. We have to try and take Josh's place in being agents for good. It will be tough. It's the very rare person who could be like Josh. But there are a lot of Josh's friends and family out there. And if each of us just does a little more to be kind, help people, and take responsibility for our surroundings, perhaps we can make a little dent in this messed up world.

Just like Josh did.

I hope that the coming year is a better one, and that the pain of losing Josh wanes a bit for all of us.

And if you find yourself unsure of what to do at any point during the coming year, just ask yourself, "What would Josh do?"

Love and best wishes to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Love and best wishes to you too. I love the idea - the resolution to do a little more, be a little kinder this year. I'm in!

    But I agree - the new year has a great deal less sparkle to it. I wish some healing and a bit of happiness for all of us.

    Indeed, I believe he'd want us to find a way to laugh some more and love some more.

    --Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great sentiment Mlulrich, and a good way to approach a New Year without Josh, but perhaps with his spirit in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same wavelength M. I've been asking myself "what would Josh do" "how would Josh treat this person that just irritated me" "

    I've planned on asking myself this question over and over to get myself to really think about how I view the world. I want to be more peaceful and be more like our dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a good suggestion in any year, but it definitely seems more poignant now. Peace.

    ReplyDelete