Saturday, December 13, 2008



I found this image on Brian's (Josh's brother) facebook page.

What I love about this picture is that it really shows Josh's goodness and kindness while also conveying how happy he was to be an uncle again. This is a picture of Brian and Erin's new baby, Tate, born just a few months ago.

I've been keeping my mind busy and not allowing myself to cry too much but when I saw this image of Josh this morning it was just too much and I broke down. I think there are a two reasons.

A black and white version of this amazing photo had been lovingly placed in Josh's ICU room by his family. I really appreciated that it was there as I visited his bedside late in the evening and none of his family members were there at that time. It spoke volumes about how much he is loved and why we care about him so much. Having that picture present got me through seeing him in the state he was in.

The other reason I broke down is that, like Brian, my wife recently had a baby. Josh never got the chance to see my son and now my little one will never know him the way we all did.

5 comments:

  1. ...you're exactly right, this is my youngest son Tate. He was born the end of September. This is really the last picture of have of Josh and the only one of he and Tate together. I will cherish this picture forever. Thank you for posting it and thank you for giving us a place to keep the memory of Josh alive. The images of him will live in our hearts and minds forever, but it's really comforting to have a place to go to see how much he meant to others.

    Thanks you!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua was a friend of our son, Stephen, when they were in middle and high school and used to play at our house in Four Seasons. We're trying to find an address for his parents, whom we've not contacted since probably the late 80's.

    Thanks - Michael Hale, michael.r.hale@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello s,
    thank you for creating this page.
    yes, do please add me as a contributor.
    xtine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, could you add me as a contributor? I'd like to post some pictures of Josh in performance at Tygres Heart.

    Thanks so much, and I miss Josh so much!!!
    Jan Powell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to just post your email and I'll send you an invite

    I delete the comment with your email after I send out the invite to you

    ReplyDelete