Sunday, December 14, 2008

My friend Josh who was a part of my family


This is a picture of Josh with me, friends, and family at my cousin Ryan's wedding. When I say friends and family the words are interchangeable really. My friends are my family. And Josh was family.

Josh had a way of touching everyone. People he had only met a few times - or even once in some cases - have been devastated by the loss of this wonderful man. Jennifer (the little brunette third from left in the front) met Josh only on this day. And, like all of us, fell in love with who he was. My mother only spent time with Josh on 3 or 4 occasions in the 10 short years that he was my friend and thought he was a quirky, beautiful person. Both of these people were grief stricken and cried when they found out that Josh had passed away.

That was the kind of person that Josh was. A person that you loved from the first time you met him. I think that speaks volumes about what a genuinely good man he was. His immediate family - and us, his extended family - have a lot to be proud of when it comes to Josh.

I know that what I've written above only covers the tiniest fraction of what Josh meant to us all. And in the coming days I intend to write more about my brief time with Josh. But, for now, this is all I can manage.

I love you, Josh. And I really don't like the world much now that you're not in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment