Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two Friends Gone in less than 2 Years...




These are pictures of Josh and my dog Bear rough-housing. They were good friends. Bear died of cancer back in May of '07 if i remember correctly.

Josh really loved my dog(s). He would always stop to greet them as soon as he came into our home. There would always be some pets and kisses, and then the playing would commence.

One of the sweetest most devoted things Josh ever did for me and my family was to come to my home the day we had to put Bear to sleep. We were lucky enough to have a vet who had told us when the time came, they would come to us. (The folks at the vet loved Bear and were in tears when they found out that he had cancer.) That time came i believe on Mother's Day. I tried calling a couple of my friends that were closer first to see if they could come and help me. We were going to have to get Bear into the back of the vets truck afterward. Bear weighed over a 100 pounds. In life i could lift him by myself, but i wasn't sure what i would be able to do after he was dead. I managed to get a hold of Josh and told him what the situation was. He dropped everything and came over right before or after Mother's Day dinner with his family.


Josh supported us that day and helped me get Bear out to the vet's truck so he could be cremated. That's the kind of person Josh was and i loved him for it.


I never thought that less than two years later i would be mourning them both. I see them a lot in my dreams now. And they still play.


My dogs were some of Josh's favorite subjects to shoot with his camera. I include a couple of those shots below.






4 comments:

  1. PS - The "little" black dog is our lab mix, Frigga. She has a new friend named Buck who keeps her company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when those top two shot were taken. It was so sad what happened to Bear.

    I remember when I house sat for you, me and bear had a great time. He sure kept me warm.

    Josh's capacity for love for animals was a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had totally forgotten about you doing that for us man! Did Bear run you around a lot, or did he just curl up next to you?

    ReplyDelete