Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Her Kinda Guy

My mother-in-law is in town. She’s a great lady and we get along swell despite the fact that I don’t speak Japanese and she speaks only a little English.

I was doing a quick post when my wife noticed that I was on this blog and she called her mom over to take a look. You see, my mother-in-law had actually met Josh in 2005 and was very sad to hear that he had passed away. I played the memorial video (see here) and she marveled at how handsome he was when he was young and clean cut.

This gave me a little chuckle because way back in 2005 after she meet Josh, she told her daughter that she found Josh attractive and the he was her kinda guy. Well, I found this amusing and cute. Mrs. Swinebread on the other hand was stunned because she really didn’t want to know her own mother’s likes and dislikes when it came to men. I can understand my wife's feeling but to me her mother's innocent statement was like noticing the attractiveness of a good actor or public figure. Plus, Josh was such a kind, gentle soul that I think my mother-in-law found his caring demeanor very charming.

I never told Josh that my mother-in-law from Japan found him to be a good looking guy as I thought he might feel a little weird about it.

Josh appealed to folks on so many levels and this fun little memory reminded me that one of those levels was sexiness. Josh was a sexy guy. He was appealing in that shy, quiet way. I obviously didn’t think about this very much being his friend and all but for some of you gals out there, I know it’s another facet of Josh you will miss. It’s just one more way he was your kinda guy.



-Swinebread

3 comments:

  1. That's a great story...with the type of humor I'm sure Josh would appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, your wife is not the only daughter "grossed out" by their mother's comments on attractive guys...check out the James Franco entry in my "Sexy Men Post"
    http://snabulus.blogspot.com/2009/02/damn-sexy-men-list.html

    So maybe it's just a Mother/Daughter thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SB,

    I think Josh just had an attractive personality. My mother only met Josh on maybe 3 or 4 occasions, and she was absolutely crushed when i told her about Josh's passing. He was just a wonderful person to be around, so i can see why it was easy for women to find him attractive.

    ReplyDelete