Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Honoring Josh

I just wanted to let everyone one I will have Josh's picture on my Day of the Dead (AKA Dia de Los Muertos) altar during the Halloween weekend. Teasethedog graciously lent his permission for me to have a copy of his favorite picture of Josh (see previous post). Once the festivities are concluded, I will make another post complete with pictures.

Although my altar won't be a completely traditional Ofrenda, I will be decorating Sugar Skulls as part of the observance. I always leave the altar up until All Soul's Day on November 2nd.

Although there wasn't a post in September, I certainly was thinking about him during this Autumn season. Like everyone I'm sure, I was busy with a new full time job, and the whirlwind of school activities that parents like me often endure during the Fall. Best wishes to all and much love to Josh's family.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for honoring our dear friend. I've been thinking about Josh a lot. I have some thoughts to post about him and will do so as soon as i can work up the courage to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mulrich...after I read it, I realized I repeated "Although" a couple times- d'oh!

    Also, thanks for all your posts too. I really appreciate the personal pictures and observations you been able to share.

    We all know how hard it can be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. I'll be checking it out after Halloween!

    ReplyDelete